Now that we have moved into the green phase of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 response measures, please review the following information on how FBC will hold our Sunday morning services.
Here is the video that Pastor Andy and Pastor Jamie made to give you a look at what reopening for worship will be like.
And here are some of the details that are important as we look to reopen our facility:
- Online Worship will continue! However, there will be a change in timing starting Sunday, June 14. We have been pre-recording our worship and uploading the video so that we could be together online for Sunday morning worship. This Sunday, we will start recording the worship that takes place on Sunday morning and upload that video online for Sunday evening. So online worship will be available Sunday at 6pm, with a Zoom meeting time for fellowship and prayer at 7pm. An email will be sent late Sunday afternoon with the link to the video and the Zoom meeting info. This will be the temporary arrangement for a couple of weeks until new camera equipment and a faster internet connection can be installed. Once the new equipment is ready, we will transition to livestreaming worship online on Sunday mornings. We know that many in our church family are deeply missing the connection of being around their church family, but for their own health and safety or the health and safety of others, they cannot be with us right now. For some, staying home is the right decision at this time and we fully support that decision. Please know that we love you and want you to do what is best for you!
- FBC Wellness Policy. Please review the policy before coming to the facility. If you or someone in your family is experiencing the symptoms listed in the policy, please stay home and get healthy before returning to the facility.
- Plan to arrive at FBC between 10-10:30am on Sunday morning. To limit the amount of time that people are gathered in the building, we will keep the entrance doors locked until 10am. Several of you have personal key fobs. Please do not use those to access the facility before 10am unless you are serving as part of the worship team or safety team on Sunday.
- Seating in the sanctuary will be limited due to social distancing guidelines. If we reach capacity in the sanctuary seating, we will direct you to the Multi-purpose Room for additional seating. Please come prepared to wear a mask if you are sitting as part of the congregation in the sanctuary. The worship team will not be wearing masks on the platform, but we are asking that everyone else sitting in the sanctuary wear masks. Two members of our safety team will greet you at the sanctuary doors and direct you to the next available seating in the sanctuary, which will begin at the third row of pews and fill from front to back. Seating will be every other row of pews with space between individuals/family groups sitting in the same row. The safety team will dismiss folks by row at the conclusion of the service. We ask that everyone exit the building upon dismissal and not linger in the sanctuary or Welcome Center.
- Seating in the Multi-purpose Room will be handled by two safety team members who will direct you to the next available seating starting from the back of the room to the front. The Multi-purpose Room is a mask optional space. The worship service will be broadcast on the screen in the Multi-purpose Room. Again, the safety team will dismiss folks at the conclusion of the worship service, and we ask that you make your way out of the building and do not linger in the Multi-purpose Room or hallway.
- To reduce the areas that need to be cleaned/sanitized following worship, please DO NOT enter any of the rooms at church other than the sanctuary, the Multi-purpose Room, or the restrooms.
- Even though we are now in the “green” phase, we are still encouraged to continue measures such as avoiding direct contact, maintaining social distancing, and frequent hand washing. As difficult as it has been to be separated from each other as a church family, please continue to demonstrate care and compassion for each other by avoiding handshakes, hugs and any direct contact with those you have not already been in contact with outside of church. Smiles, laughter and pleasant greetings are warmly welcomed! While wearing a mask may not be a concern for you, please respect the fact that others do not want to risk being around those who are not wearing masks in public.
- For now, we are offering worship only on Sunday mornings. There will be NO Sunday School, NO Nursery, and NO children’s We Worship at this time. There will be a brief children’s ministry video time during the worship service.
- Giving can be done securely online. If you have not checked out this option yet, you can find the “Give Now” tab here on the website. If you prefer to give in person, offering plates will be stationed at the entrance to the sanctuary and MPRoom. Envelopes for the One Great Hour of Sharing offering or the Relationship Fund communion offering will be available on that table.
We are looking forward to those of you who can join us on Sunday!